I decided to begin this blog in order to update all of my family and friends about my exciting adventures in Korea. Currently I am still in North Carolina, but as of yesterday I now have my plane ticket to Korea ... how exciting!!!
For all of those wondering, I recently was hired as the middle school math, science and Bible teacher at International Christian School in Pyongtaek South Korea. This is a part of the organization known as the Network Of International Christian Schools, NICS. I will be leaving on July 29, 2009 to go to South Korea. Before I leave to go to Pyongtaek, I first have to go to PFO, Pre-field Orientation. PFO is in Southaven, Mississippi. This is a two week training course from June 22 to July 3.
I hope to update my blog at least once a month, so keep checking for new updates!
Also, if you would like to support me here is how you do it:
1. Go to www.nics.org/donation.php and follow the link to donate.
2. Under Destination, choose Missionary Project.
3. Under School, choose Pyongtaek (Korea).
4. Under Name, choose Smith, Rachel (003264).
OR
Send a check to:
Network of International Christian Schools
3790 Goodman Rd E.
Southaven, MS 38672
Rachel :)
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment