I arrived back to South Korea last week after a wonderful Christmas break at home. It was wondeful to get to see my family and share some of my Korean experiences with them. It was good seeing some of my friends as well. When I got back, I was ready to begin work again, but I also didn't really feel like working after such a long break. I didn't really have the choice though because there was plenty to do once school started again.
The second teacher that I am covering for had her baby three weeks early, so starting Monday I will continue with the middle school math in the morning, and switch to PE and Music in the afternoon. Then on February 1 the first mom to have her baby will be back, and I will be teaching PE, Music and Art to kindergarten and first grade both morning and afternoon. Those of you that know me well, know that I am especially gifted in those three areas (haha ... actually, I am not at all). That is one thing that you can definitely pray for me as I begin this switch.
Next week, our school will be having Spiritual Emphasis Week (SEW) and Character Focus week (CFW) in our high school. Please pray for the speakers that will be traveling from the states to minister to our students.
Then the following week (Jan 25-29), our middle school will also have SEW and CFW. If I have not already explained to you before our school is divided into two segments NICS and Oasis. The NICS portion of our school is for students that are enrolled in a Bible based curriculum. These students have a Bible class everyday, and they have chapel once a week. The other portion of our school is Oasis. The parents of these students have chosen for their children to not be enrolled in a Bible based curriculum. Some of these students practice another religion other than Christianity. These students will be attending a Character Focus Week rather than the Spiritual Emphasis Week.
I would definitely appreciate your prayers for both sections of these students. Some of the students in the NICS program are not Christians, please pray that the love and grace of Christ will be revealed to them. Also pray for the students that are already Christians; pray that they will grow closer to Christ during this week; in such a way that it will make a lasting effect on their life and not just a fire that burns fiercly but then quicly burns out. Pray for our Oasis students that they will understand the why of good character. Good character has no meaning if their is no basis for it. I covet your prayers for all of the students. They are at a crucial age in their development where they make decisions that can change their lives forever.
As for now I will leave you with some pictures of the big snow fall that welcomed me back to South Korea. I hope that you all have a wonderful January, and I look forward to telling you good reports from our SEW and CFW.
Actually the pictures will have to wait, due to technical difficluties.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment